About this Show

Liberally Stephanie Miller

News/Business. (2012) New. (CC) (Stereo)

NETWORK

DURATION
03:00:00

RATING
PG

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 107 (CURNT)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
528

PIXEL HEIGHT
480

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Stephanie 158, Stephanie Miller 31, Obama 18, Us 16, Romney 13, Vo 10, Hal Sparks 10, Paul Ryan 8, America 6, Hal 4, Lysol 4, Washington 4, U.s. 4, Massachusetts 4, Seattle 4, Kerry Washington 3, Abc 3, Virginia 3, Ann 3, Granger 3,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  Current    Liberally Stephanie Miller    News/Business.   
   (2012) New. (CC) (Stereo)  

    October 3, 2012
    6:00 - 9:00am PDT  

6:00am
>> stephanie: hello. yea, political geeks everywhere unite. jacki schechner look, i'm wearing the shirt from that spinning class i took you to. >> oh! >> stephanie: where you said oh, my god she's just reading the wall to us. >> it is covered up. >> stephanie: you're warriors. >> this morning it's the you're hung over! >> stephanie: you missed last weekend, she said and there's no compromise, no negotiation. i'm like oh, she's a republican! [ ♪ magic wand ♪ ] >> obviously. >> stephanie: wow! >> wowee. >> stephanie: we're all going to be together on set at 4:00
6:01am
p.m. pacific for the debate. >> we're prepping the news center for your arrival. >> stephanie: please. >> stocking the bar in other words. >> exactly. there will be balloons dropping from the ceiling. >> because current goes for booze and dope. >> stephanie: tell them to check my rider. no hydrangeas. we'll be there later. >> that bitch. >> stephanie: jacki is on it. she's on the news. >> i am. good morning everybody. so some good news just out for president obama this morning going in tonight's debate. we won't have the official jobs numbers until later in the week. according to payroll processor adp, the private sector added 162,000 jobs in september and that's 9,000 more than expected. so unofficially, some good news going into tonight. the president obama also has about a 3-point lead in national polls according to the "wall street journal" nbc news one out most recently. senator rob portman has been
6:02am
playing the president as mitt romney prepares for the debate tonight. and he told cnn in an exclusive interview, it is his job to get under the candidate's skin and prepare him for the toughest attacks. portman has been the g.o.p. go-to guy for years. since 2000 he's played al gore, jon lieberman, john kerry and john edwards and now president obama. pretty malleable guy. he's reportedly been helping romney work on not getting overly defensive which is his weak point. he then tends to say things he wishes he hadn't. everyone has an opinion as to what to look for tonight. prettyies could -- politico has five things. first, can romney get aggressive without attacking. last thing he wants to do is come across snide or smug. how hard can the president push without getting too negative. he's not a big romney fan. we'll see if he can mask that true contempt. how will they handle the 47% libya, has the president had
6:03am
enough time to debate prep and five, will clinton come up? interesting choice for politico. we'll be right back. >>i feel like i don't even know you. >>just stay on your side of the screen, okay? >>brought to you by geico. 15 minutes could save 15% or more on car insurance. visit geico.com for a free rate quote.
6:04am
6:05am
you'd spot movement, gather intelligence with minimal collateral damage. but rather than neutralizing enemies in their sleep you'd be targeting stocks to trade. well, that's what trade architect's heat maps do. they make you a trading assassin. trade architect. td ameritrade's empowering web-based trading platform. trade commission-free for 60 days, and we'll throw in up to $600 when you open an account. >>(narrator) bill press is on current tv. >>liberal and proud of it.
6:06am
>>(narrator) unafraid, politically direct. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning. [ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: wahoo. debate night. here we go. it is "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12. other reason to be happy. heavy breathing. why, could it be? ♪ the humpty dance the dance do the hump ♪ >> hutch days with hal sparks. >> yes yes!
6:07am
>> stephanie: we were just having a little free orgasm over the new employment numbers and polling porn to get to. predebate. [ ding ding ] >> doesn't all porn involve -- [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: jim louise! >> no, it doesn't. >> i've seen enough of it. i've taken a sample. crosses both political -- >> so you lived in utah. >> no, i did not. >> stephanie: all i can say is that's good polling. speaking of which, hal sparks blowing the roof off the paramount in seattle saturday night. [ explosion ] >> literally. there is no roof. >> stephanie: in a comedic sense. >> fortunately it never rains -- oh, wait a minute. >> stephanie: santa rosa writes my ribs hurt. a lot of ribs, a lot of facial hurting. ribs hurting right? after see seering you for the first time you certainly have a red hot ass.
6:08am
>> sorry. i was at the zoo. >> stephanie: joanna from san diego got settled into our seats. who was next to us? lynn and dave. i introduced myself as sid in santa rosa. we had an instant family experience. >> they start arguing. >> stephanie: that's what happens at sexy liberal. >> they talked for six hours. >> huzzah! >> stephanie: they asked me if i knew who the secret celebrity guest was. i thought it could be dan savage or ron reagan. [ explosion ] that's when the roof finally blew off. >> the show did get better. >> stephanie: just when you thought it can't get better, sexy liberal it got better. [ applause ] >> stephanie: it is going to get even better in new york city. october 27th. tickets going fast for the beacon theatre. that's the sexy liberal palooza.
6:09am
hal sparks, john fuglesang aisha tyler, me and huge! [ explosion ] huge, comedic superstars. okay. guess who i met last time for the first time in my life, hal. >> ruth fuzzy. >> stephanie: carol burnett. [ screaming ] >> did you say hello to her from my mom. they knew each other. >> stephanie: really? okay. so you know, she's been my hero all my life. she and lily tomlin, obviously any woman in comedy -- so and lilly, as you know, i've known and interviewed and been friends with for 25 years and i still sound like a dork when i talk to her. we should get the tape of the first one in 1987. >> do you have it? >> stephanie: probably. >> victoria jackson. >> stephanie: i'm friends with her daughter, jodie now and she took me to the tonight show. we'll post pictures.
6:10am
they're awful of me but there's one of me and carol and j. she's as nice as you would think she is. jodie writes hi, steph my mom loves you. [ screaming ] >> despite the fact you went to usc. she's a ucla gal. >> stephanie: wait, there's more. listen on wednesdays in particular, i need some self-esteem because i get nothing but -- [ bleep ] people. let's see -- okay. blah, blah blah. my mom blah, blah, blah. all of the people were shocked when i revealed your actual age. my boyfriend said i was 35. my mom, i swear she looks like she's 30. [ screaming ] >> well, parts of you. >> stephanie: shut up, jim! [ applause ] we'll post the pictures later. >> is there a green pashmina involved? >> stephanie: no. but anyway, she's carol burnett. need i say anymore?
6:11am
anyway, she's going to come on the show. she said why don't you invite me on the show. i think i said eep. i didn't know what to say. she's like -- it just cracks me up hal. we're all like insecure in our own ways and jodie was telling me this story that when she met jennifer aniston during friends they talked because jennifer is like oh, my god introduce me. afterwards carol said she knew who i was. of course she does, mom. [ laughter ] anyway. oh my god. yea for heroes. i actually said thank you for being my hero and i started crying a little bit. it was so embarrassing. >> oh, my god, really? >> stephanie: yeah. >> bless your little heart. >> luckily there's -- >> stephanie: i said i wanted to be you. it didn't work out. >> she's taken. >> stephanie: exactly. >> you don't dress in bob markey every day. >> stephanie: no, i would if he would send some stuff over.
6:12am
i would be happy to dress up a little bit. >> stephanie: let's get to our polling porn, shall we? like life gets happier and clappier right? >> before you say this -- >> stephanie: yes? >> everything could change tonight with mitt romney bringin' his "a" game. >> stephanie: chris christie say boom, ba-da-boom. >> zingers! >> non sequitur garbagey -- >> stephanie: don't pretend like you don't practice -- >> lakes pancakes. >> inside voice escaping in public. >> stephanie: don't pretend like you don't practice your zingers. >> he's going to be personal and human. >> stephanie: sure. a whole new day. >> he will be presidential and nice yet -- >> stephanie: all right, hush! >> going to turn the poll numbers to -- >> stephanie: here we go. women back obama 56% to mitt's 38%. >> you can make that up -- he can make that up tonight.
6:13am
with his personality. >> stephanie: black voters, 94 to 2. hispanics, 73 to 21. >> even herman cain -- >> stephanie: obama, by the way, for the fake media story lines, he's at the same level with white voters as he was in 2008. all of that is going landslide is all i'm saying. >> larry the landslide lizard is stretching. >> it's interesting that, you know, when they talk about -- you know, the primary thing that they do every time we have a debate is that they downplay the abilities of both sides. they both have been doing it. they've both been acting like they've never been on a debate stage. everybody talks on their behalf. the president is almost doing it like a joke. >> he's really good. >> i'm okay. >> stephanie: how much -- before you get something like this -- >> right exactly. do i really want to say this? >> stephanie: i'm scared of the zingers. >> uh-oh. here come the zingers.
6:14am
think he's going to have a badminton racket he holds up? but in all honesty, mitt romney -- before like two weeks ago, three weeks ago all he had to do, people were saying this could be a preturning point. pre47 remark, prepancake pre-paul ryan saying no, it's not 47%. it's 30% of americans don't want to work and are lazy. and glom off of everybody. which, by the way, would be freeloaders -- everybody on unemployment plus 20%. so to be real clear about that. downplaying this now in the last week it's been -- if mitt doesn't deliver this is it. this is not a guy who -- can hand that will kind of pressure. >> stephanie: fortunately, he's such a natural. he's so authentic in every situation. and his wife said he's going to lose it. >> ann, how do you feel? >> stephanie: i think everything will be fine.
6:15am
>> i worry about his mental state. >> stephanie: he may just lose his [ bleep ] that happens a lot. >> maybe it was him that crapped on the roof of the car. i've tried to figure this out. i can't get the dog. >> magic underwear is not so magic anymore. >> in all honesty like apparently there was this report that came out during the big bain board meetings, he would have a flop sweat problem. >> stephanie: like robert hayes. >> when the pressure is on. to the point where they're probably coating him with some sort of -- like a glaze to keep it in. >> i'm going to have the sad trombone effect for every time one of the zingers falls flat. >> do you think they have an electrical probe. >> so he knows when to deliver them. [ crickets chirping ] >> stephanie: or just that. [ crickets chirping ] >> i'm on fire. [ explosion ] >> yeah.
6:16am
>> stephanie: that close. i think he is, hal he's one of those -- he gets overexcitable when he thinks it is a really good punch line and he rushes it. it is like a premature ejoke-lation. >> i heard this joke in israel. >> stephanie: i got it -- >> a pollock a brit and olympian walk -- no, no, no. zing. at some point you start saying zing. i can't remember what they are. right here -- zing. >> stephanie: actually say that was the zinger. [ crickets chirping ] >> stephanie: oh. >> mr. president, there's more where that came from. >> stephanie: take that. >> how much? >> stephanie: booyah, nothing but comedy net right? >> two pretzels were walking down the street and one had salt on it. >> zing. >> marginal tax rate should be
6:17am
cut to 20%. >> stephanie: know when it says real comedy, call them zingers. john in las vegas. carol burnett did not say i'm glad you enjoyed my zingers. >> when she started her career in comedy, they were referred to as zingers by a minor portion of the -- guys who used to work in radio. >> like rosemarie. >> i've got a couple of zingers for you there mitt. we've got a couple of zingers for you. i wrote them down on some note cards. you can whip them out if you have a heckler. >> john, please. >> i made it up myself. >> stephanie: john in las vegas. >> caller: i didn't. to interrupt. i'm sorry. >> stephanie: that's okay. >> caller: i think the romney campaign is going to bring up this 2007 youtube video of the president the day before the debate then we could maybe bring up his religious practices and part of that is that when he dies, if he's a really good guy and he wears his magic underwear real tight and he ties
6:18am
everything -- tithes everything he can he can be reincarnated as adam god. he will be reincarnated as a god on another planet. >> stephanie: hold on. kolab. >> god lives in a planet near kolab. it is like they know the gated community he lives in but not the actual -- >> stephanie: we didn't think anything was offensive right up until that part. 18 minutes after the hour. [ scooby-doo's "huh?" ] 18 minutes after the hour. everybody, go to meeting is how we make this -- whatever this is you know, go. this thing. this show. whatever. meetings, you gotta have them, right. you know, what do you call it? driving, parking, all of that crap. flying across the country for god's sakes. who wants to do it? time hassle, expense. >> i like doing it but you hate it. i'll do it and you can talk to me through go to meeting. >> stephanie: thank you. if your team is spread out in different locations. >> i beg your pardon?
6:19am
>> stephanie: you can all come together -- >> when mom sings along. >> excuse me? wait a minute. when we're all spread out. we can all come together. >> stephanie: it is powerful andcism way to meet with colleagues and collaborate with clients and coworkers online no matter where everyone is located. you can share the same screen making it easier to be on the same page. you can see each other face-to-face and launch or join a meeting from anywhere from your ipad or iphone on the go. i almost created a new device, an ipad. the new ipad 7. try go to meeting free for 30 days. visit gotomeeting.com. click on the try it free button. use the promo code stephanie. meeting is believing. 19 minutes after the hour. right back with hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> that woman is about as supple as a rhinoceros. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show."
6:20am
residue that can redeposit on your dishware during the rinse cycle. gross. jet-dry rinse agent helps wash them away so the only thing left behind is the shine. jet-dry rinses away residues for a sparkling shine.
6:21am
6:22am
you've heard stephanie's views. >>no bs, authentic, the real thing. >>now, let's hear yours at the only online forum with a direct line to stephanie miller. >>the only thing that can save america now: current television. >>join the debate now. [ music ]
6:23am
>> announcer: stephanie miller . >> stephanie: mm-hmm, okay, all right, we're trying to compete with florida, aren't we. >> yeah, yeah. ♪ open the door, get on the floor ♪ everybody do the dinosaur. >> stephanie: "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 24 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12. kerry washington coming up at the bottom of the hour. she's an obama surrogate. fabulous. >> and scandal has started again. >> stephanie: on abc. she's awesome. she played ray charles wife in the movie "ray" and she's awesome. >> she had an affair with the president we found out at the last season of scandal. >> stephanie: her character did. >> breaking news.
6:24am
[ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] ow the romney campaign -- >> i just heard this. i'm going to race right out and say it in front of the microphone. >> stephanie: that already fell flat. the dredge. >> trumpeting this video. bombshell video. of the president in a suit in front of a podium and a microphone and a large gathering from a video that's been available since 2007. >> stephanie: apparently he was talking -- he's black. that's the bombshell news. >> in case you haven't noticed he's black. >> because he was criticizing the government's response to katrina. anything that we should use the same thing -- that we did post-9-11 to deal with it because it was such an enormous problem. >> how dare he. >> shocking. >> inversion lodge sick always helpful. whatever they're saying, let's invert it and look at it. that means that sean hannity yesterday said heck of a job brownie, essentially.
6:25am
they reiterated the entire -- >> it also showed that the far right thinks that a roomful of impassioned white people are tea party patriots but a room of impassioned black people are radicals. >> stephanie: yes, they're an angry mob. >> they would have to be to get up off their sofas and push all the welfare checks out of the way and get in their giant cadillac. they would have to be impassioned radicals otherwise why would they leave? it is so comfy being on the dole. >> stephanie: ann lynn in south florida. >> caller: hi. i was over at a friend's house and she had this show on and i watched a little bit of it and i finally just left. but i don't see how y'all can just sit there and talk and rip people apart -- you rip conservatives apart. you rip the other candidate apart. >> i think there's still a whole people -- physically whole who think there are adultless that deserve criticism. what do you mean tear them apart? >> caller: listen to what i'm
6:26am
saying. i need to hang up. >> stephanie: i've got nothing but time. ann, what did we say in particular? >> caller: she watched quite a bit of your show. she usually watches you. she call and said that she finally realized what was going on. she's changing her vote. but i don't see -- >> stephanie: she's changing her vote which way? >> caller: how you can wear a peace sign around your neck when you're so full of anger and hatred. >> stephanie: you're criticizing my jewelry now. i beg your pardon. >> caller: i'm not talking about anything. >> why are you tearing us apart? >> stephanie: i'm not angry. hal, excuse me. i'm sorry ann i'm not angry. what do i seem angry about? >> you sure sound like you're angry. >> stephanie: i'm not. >> what is one thing she's angry about? >> caller: she's always talking about the other side. obama is great. and romney is garbage. >> he is. >> stephanie: i didn't say garbage. >> caller: really? maybe you people -- >> stephanie: why do you think he's doing so badly.
6:27am
>> caller: well, he hasn't finished the race yet. >> stephanie: i don't think he's garbage. he's just not doing very well. >> caller: well, we'll see what happens at the end. i will go back to her house and watch a little bit of you. >> stephanie: okay. >> caller: to see what you're saying after he wins. >> stephanie: why is the polling so bad for romney? >> because people hate him. >> caller: one day it is bad. one day it is good. >> it has been bad for three months. >> caller: it doesn't matter but i figure people like you will probably vote for obama. that's fine. you can do what you want. just like everybody else. >> stephanie: that's right. that's right. >> caller: but you know what's really funny -- >> that's why we want people to vote. that's why actually you'll only see republicans trying to stop people from voting. do you see that? >> caller: i'm sorry. i didn't hear what you said. >> that's okay. it hasn't stopped you from commenting on it before. >> caller: yeah, well you know what? maybe i'm into the a republican. how does that grab you? >> oh, i think are you. >> stephanie: ann, which way did you change your friend's vote from what to what?
6:28am
>> caller: i didn't change her vote at all. >> stephanie: oh i changed it from obama to romney. >> because she saw how vicious you are. >> angry! >> you know what? that secret tape of steph saying that half of the electorate is victims and are weak and don't believe in the american dream and don't actually -- was it that? was it when the video came out of stephanie saying that at a dinner party? >> caller: oh, i don't know. i don't know anything about that. >> sorry. because that was mitt romney that said that. >> caller: let me put it like this. you were talking about this tape that showed up with obama standing up there where he changed his accent. changed the way he talked. >> shocking. >> caller: everything else. shocking. >> stephanie: okay. >> wow. >> stephanie: i will be right back and be even meaner and more vicious than i normally am. i'm going to take this off. 29 minutes after the hour. right back.
6:29am
4.3 million jobs in the private sector created and seen a situation because of massive layoffs of teachers, firefighters and police (vo) what is said here could decide the election. current tv presents coverage of the presidential debate. with unrivaled analysis and commentary. >> you're going to hear that used as a major talking point. (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
6:30am
6:31am
6:32am
6:33am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] >> seeing you fall apart it's sad and beautiful. >> stephanie: i've been watching it for 20 years now. "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 1-800-steph-12 toll free. i remember my first obama rally in 2008. you pretty to be a normal person and as it turns out, she wasn't. she was kerry washington. famous act receipt. famous actress. hi kerry. >> hi, stephanie. so good to talk to you. >> stephanie: you are. you're one of those who's that persons. people are like wow!
6:34am
who's that. >> i became a forever fan at that rally. you are so smart and so hilarious and so pervy. >> stephanie: thank you. obviously people know you best. you played everybody's wife. ray charles' wife -- >> that's right. i would be both of those guys oscars by playing their wife. i'm a good luck charm. >> stephanie: exactly. and now -- maybe -- let's talk first about abc scandal is terrific. you play the head of a p.r. -- like a crisis p.r. firm, right? >> yeah. basically, the character is inspired by a real life woman named judy smith who used to work in the first bush white house. deputy press secretary. when she left, she started doing this damage control work and she's worked with everybody from monica lewinsky to michael vick. so on the show, people walk into copen and associates, the most
6:35am
powerful people in the world. the worst day of their lives and they say fix it! and that's what we do. and it's all kind of complicated by the fact that my character used to not only work at the white house but used to have an inappropriate relationship with the president of the united states. judy did not. which judy did not. but things have been sort of hot and heavy between them and they're both trying to do the right thing but you know, there is a real connection there. it is fun. >> stephanie: you fictional little tart you. now, kerry -- >> did you not have an affair with the president or you're spinning that because you're in character? >> no, no, no. i'm always careful -- i don't want to get judy in trouble although i always have wanted to be a fly on the wall the very first time that they found the episode. how did they respond to that? >> it was right after he barfed on the japanese prime minister and there was this moment where -- >> stephanie: guessing there
6:36am
was a frying pan involved. kerry, would your character be able to fix the mitt romney campaign? it just -- full-on crisis. >> it is so funny because there's a lot of talk on twitter about that. our show is a big social media following. we live feed every week when the show is on with the hash tag ask scandal. and my twitter is at kerry washington. we have a lot of fans on the internet. they call themselves gladiators. people are constantly tweeting me about working for mitt romney. and i guess it's not -- it's not completely out of the realm of possibility because olivia pope, the white house she worked in, was a republican white house. the president on our show is republican. and she believes in working on both sides of the aisle. >> stephanie: right. >> but she doesn't take on things that she knows she can't win. >> stephanie: right. well -- you know, for instance,
6:37am
that 47% videotape came across your desk, you would say -- you just said to half the country [ bleep ] you? you said what? >> well also, you know the thing about olivia pope is that she doesn't take on a client who she doesn't think really genuinely wants to do the right thing. she takes on people who may have done the wrong thing. bad people sometimes do great things. but she says to someone until you're ready to be fully honest and take responsibility, i can't work with you. so you know, that all has a big question mark around whether she would work with that campaign. >> stephanie: in 2009, you were appointed by president obama to the president's committee on arts and the humanities. look at you and your fancy self. [ laughter ] >> yes. i was actually working with the white house when i got the script the first time and i thought oh my gosh, i don't know if i can do a show where
6:38am
she's having an affair with the white house when i'm working with the white house. that seems a little too weird and the creator of the show who also created grey's anatomy and private practice said the president on our show is republican and he's white. i was like i'm in! [ laughter ] >> stephanie: well, kerry you and i were out there obviously on the trail in 2008. and you know, i love how there's all of these media story lines. there is an enthusiasm gap. i don't see it. when i've been out there it looks like the polling numbers are showing that, there's every bit as much enthusiasm for the president this time around. >> i think sometimes you know, the media is a powerful voice and sometimes there are misleading messages out there. i do think that what's important is that we not be -- i think there is a lot of enthusiasm but you know, nothing's like your first time. so i think, you know, people were voting for the first time four years ago volunteering.
6:39am
it may seem like there an enthusiasm gap but i don't think there is. people are now engaged. they now just know it is their business and that they need to pay attention and they need to be involved. wow. it is like no, i care and i'm present. we need to make sure we stay present. >> stephanie: i was behind a car yesterday that i couldn't see the driver, there were so many obama stickers. one of every kind of obama sticker. >> interestingly enough, i've heard a lot of chatter that people who weren't enthused to vote for obama last time, either they were hillary supporters or they were just unsure about his -- the fact that he had a short term in the senate, a short term in the state senate, that kind of thing are now actually looking at his record and going he did some tough things and he's actually -- they're actually more enuse thissed this time around. legitimate. >> stephanie: now we're both. i'm an obama 2012 and a hillary 2016 supporter. so we've all managed to come together. >> totally.
6:40am
totally. >> stephanie: kerry, look at the numbers we were just talking about. women backing obama 56% to 38%. black voters 94% to 2. hispanics, 73% to 21. >> that number blew me away! >> stephanie: the story line, he's losing white people. no. support is exactly the same as in 2008. so you know -- yeah, in the end -- seriously enough, her character, interesting that i don't -- in regard to your question earlier, i don't think she would take on mitt romney in so far as -- i need to fix this with latinos because he doesn't actually want to change it. it's all verbal. that's the problem with their campaign right now is that they think that zingers and catchphrases can turn around what everybody knows are the actual policy of the romney campaign. >> stephanie: that's it, isn't it kerry? what hal said. the 47% wasn't a gaffe. it is their -- that's their policies really. >> yeah. i mean i think you know, this
6:41am
may seem like an awkward place to quote oprah but oprah -- when they tell you who they are listen. i think that is super important. >> stephanie: yeah. that's exactly right. and really in some ways, believe me a lot of conservatives are cheering those remarks and saying double down on them. yes. time to have this conversation. >> yeah. it is a little bit scary. i think it is part of what's so interesting about our show. i feel like at this point where we're so oversaturated with these political and diddals -- scandals film because there is no privacy anymore. the fact that you can't say anything in private. you shouldn't think at a fund-raiser you're going to say something in private but i think as a culture we so are kind of filled to the brim with scandal. and the show gives you a peek behind the curtain into how do
6:42am
people really deal with this? when this stuff goes down, who is the person that decides what you hear about on the news? what it is that makes it into the newspaper. who blocks the bloggers? who sort of shapes the interviews on late night television? who tells the person what to wear in court to help the verdict go their way. all of that stuff. so it is actually fascinating to me to see people have such a difficult time when there are so many resources around to kind of make this work. it is amazing. it is amazing. >> stephanie: i think -- the fact that he looked so demonstrably more comfortable in that crowd. this is him in his element talking to the 1%, right? >> wow. that's a great observation. yeah, just the body language right? >> stephanie: that's what i mean. you go this isn't something he goofed. he went on and on, he expounded on his comments. kerry, what do you think with the debates? obviously, i guess chris
6:43am
christie went offmessage and said it is going to be a whole new day. he wasn't playing the lowering expectation game. he thinks mitt romney is going to turn this around tonight. >> yeah. i am excited. i mean i think this is going to be great great television. i'm excited to see which version of him we get. you know. it is going to be -- it is going to be really fascinating. because i do think there is a level of -- i was saying four years ago everybody was saying how horrible and stupid sarah palin -- i think she's kind of an amazing performer. kind of. it is breathtaking. >> stephanie: that's the right word. >> so i'm interested to see what unfolds tonight for sure. >> stephanie: you know -- >> people always ask me because i'm somebody who does work with the white house what are the obamas like? what is president obama like?
6:44am
what you see is what you get. they are the real deal. they're completely authentic. they have the country's best interests at heart. and you know, i guess it is funny to kind of know how authentic and genuine and good-spirited the white house is. the obama white house and then to work on a show where it is just like nothing but scandal and behind the scenes secrets. it really is a fictionalized version of it all. >> stephanie: i'm excited for tonight. and you know this is the president took out bin laden. i'll bet he's terrified of mitt romney's zingers don't you think? >> yeah! >> stephanie: he's been practicing zingers. >> there's no way your character would recommend zingers as a way to fix the problem. [ laughter ] >> of this magnitude. >> very classy. >> stephanie: even worse than that is letting the news leak that you've been practicing
6:45am
zingers. for months. >> here come the zingers. >> stephanie: raising expectations game. yikes. kerry, are you going to the big obama concert this sunday? >> i'm not sure. i'm actually working on sunday so we'll see. we'll see if i can get up there or not. >> stephanie: they don't have any big names. katy perry earth wind and fire, bon jovi, jennifer hudson, don't feel bad if you miss it. >> crazy. well people are so inspired by this president and by all that he achieved. and such high stakes in this election. i think people quite honestly, i don't care which side of the aisle you're voting on just make sure you show up because i truly believe the president cares about most of this country, is president obama. so if everybody shows up and it is a fair race, we will win this race. that's what i think is so shocking about voter
6:46am
suppression. there is one side who is saying you know what? no matter who you are everybody get out there and vote. there's another side that is trying to take away people's political voices. when one party says we believe in everybody's right to vote and another side says we'll try to make this difficult for certain people because we want to win. i want the people in the white house to believe in all of america to participate in the democracy. >> stephanie: by the way kerry, a right a lot of people have died for. >> i say that all the time because as a woman i think about susan b. anthony going to prison in petticoats and a corset sitting in a jail somewhere so that i could have the right to vote. black people who risked their lives and had buses blown up so i could exercise that right. >> stephanie: may i say one thing? corsets and petticoats, the original war on women. know what i'm saying? >> one of my favorites. >> i did this film over the summer, the new tarrant tino
6:47am
film -- tarantino film -- it is very exciting. and i had to put on those clothes from that period and i did. no wondter took us to long to get the vote. you can barely breathe. you can't even eat in this stuff. you can't get enough oxygen to your brain that's why women were fainting all the time. >> stephanie: i don't care if i vote. my ass itches. kerry washington, star of abc's scandal. of course, the obama campaign trail. kerry, always a thrill to talk to you. thanks so much. >> thank you. so great to talk to you. thank you for all you're doing. >> stephanie: you, too. we'll talk again real soon. thanks kerry. [ applause ] >> stephanie: she's awesome. awesome, smart. >> petticoats and corsets just for fun. good look for me. >> basically, if a woman -- the problem -- gentlemen, we must gather around. the problem we have with women is they have two fleet of foot.
6:48am
they can run too quickly and get away from us. the chubbier and more disgusting i get, the quicker they run. we need to tighten their lungs up and put heels on them that will make them fall down. >> stephanie: shoes they can't run in. right back on hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> i love it. it's's fabulous program. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show." presents coverage of the presidential debate. with unrivaled analysis and commentary. >> you're going to hear that used as a major talking point. (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
6:49am
break the ice with breath-freshening cooling crystals. ice breakers. [ female announcer ] what would you call an ordinary breakfast pastry that's been wrapped in a flaky crust stuffed with a gooey center toasted up all golden brown then given a delicious design? a toaster strudel. pillsbury toaster strudel. so delicious...so fun. [ female announcer ] after school, get to pizza pleasin' faster than kenny can dodge a question. honey, how'd that test go? [ female announcer ] in just 60 seconds, you've got snack-defying, satisfying totino's pizza rolls. mmmm.
6:50am
mmm hmmm. mmmm. [ female announcer ] it's on. let's roll.
6:51am
6:52am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything. [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> stephanie miller. ♪ the walls come tumbling down ♪ ♪ the walls come tumbling ♪ ♪ the walls come tumbling, tumbling down ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "the stephanie miller show." this hour brought to you by go
6:53am
to meeting, the very best way to host an online meeting. my listeners can try go to meeting free for 30 days. click on the try it free button at gotomeeting.com. 1-800-steph-12 toll free from anywhere. hump days with hal sparks. something paul ryan said -- oh, by the way, we need your baby sucking his thumb. did you hear him whining yesterday about the media? [ baby crying ] >> the media is biased. they keep showing what i say. you're not supposed to do that. we give you clips and you use if. >> stephanie: the president's not playing fair. [ baby crying ] >> i'm paul ryan. i'm a victim. nook nook, nook. >> stephanie: we need hal. >> we needed you yesterday. >> i'll give you a sample to put in the box. >> stephanie: awesome. he said something else. >> the 47% line -- we've massaged that quite well and made everybody realize that in that 47% military veterans,
6:54am
retirees, single moms and dads who are raising multiple kids -- >> freeloaders. >> freeloaders, right. paul ryan, this video of him talking at the annual 2011 american spectator's dinner. this is six months before the 47% -- and paul ryan says 70% of americans want the american dream. they believe in the american idea. only 30% wantel with fare state. before too long, we could be society a where the net majority of america are takers not makers which is an ayn rand -- by the way. all of this i distance myself baloney. he's been interjecting her ideas into every speech he has. >> stephanie: that's why the president is out there saying this. i'm sorry. no. mitt romney is trying to say this. but nobody's buying it. he has to say it. >> romney: i'm a president for 100% of the american people. not 99 versus 1. not 47 versus anyone else. i'll be a president for 100% of
6:55am
the people. i've demonstrated that throughout my life. >> no, view. >> stephanie: the polls are showing exactly the opposite. you that is the part that drove me nuts. paul ryan said 70% of americans get more benefits from the federal government in dollar value than they pay back in taxes. so you could argue we're at a moral tipping point. okay. for the record, let's clear the decks. everybody, rich or poor, gets more from the federal government than they put in taxes because warren buffett doesn't have to suit up and go to afghanistan. you can't put a price tag on a dead soldier ultimately. you also can't put a price tag on the benefits overall for your business of the fact that there is a highway om -- system or a federal electrical grid. the idea that anybody puts a dollar in and gets a dollar back or more -- >> stephanie: he just said during a rally yesterday paul ryan the same thing. it is dividing -- he basically
6:56am
was saying only business owners work hard and make this country grow. >> you're the only ones that get up at 5:00 a.m. only americans working hard and taking risks to make the country grow -- you know, he basically -- he was echoing the 47% remarks. here he is. >> if you have a small business, you didn't build it. >> stephanie: he didn't say that. >> all we mean is that nobody else gets up at 5:00 a.m. and opens the doors. >> what? >> nobody else works seven days a week. nobody else takes the risks. nobody else meets the payroll. nobody else goes to the bank. these are businesses that are built by the sweat and toil and hard work of workers in this country of businesses this country. that's what makes this country grow. >> hear that anybody who works at a fast food restaurant that has a manager open it up. do you think the franchise owner is getting up every day and unlocking the starbucks on every corner? >> stephanie: this is my business. i don't think i work harder because you guys have to work with me. >> half the time we're here before you are. [ applause ] >> what do you mean half the
6:57am
time kimosabi? >> stephanie: he's not talking about me. i'm not here opening up the joint. >> you're the last person to roll in. >> stephanie: you're lucky if i show up by show time. >> travis has to let me in the gate here. travis is opening up the gate. literally. >> stephanie: i pride myself on working the least hard as everybody here. >> that's amazing. [ applause ] >> there is no one in this country -- >> nobody wakes up at 5:00 a.m. >> i walk up at 3:00 in the morning. >> me, too. >> sometimes or 4:00. >> basically saying these people get more value than they give and 30% that do, those guys are saying it is better to be -- that america is -- >> work in a coal mine at some point. >> stephanie: right back on "the stephanie miller show." this administration is not worth going out and voting for. >> stephanie: wow, the message i'm going to be on with the governor tomorrow night.
6:58am
she is awesome. we'll be right back on the "stephanie miller show."
6:59am
7:00am
7:01am
7:02am
7:03am
7:04am
7:05am
7:06am
7:07am
7:08am
7:09am
7:10am
7:11am
7:12am
7:13am
7:14am
7:15am
7:16am
7:17am
7:18am
7:19am
7:20am
7:21am
7:22am
7:23am
7:24am
7:25am
7:26am
7:27am
7:28am
7:29am
7:30am
7:31am
7:32am
7:33am
7:34am
7:35am
7:36am
7:37am
7:38am
7:39am
7:40am
7:41am
7:42am
7:43am
7:44am
7:45am
7:46am
7:47am
7:48am
7:49am
7:50am
7:51am
7:52am
7:53am
7:54am
7:55am
7:56am
♪ me? >> stephanie: hour number three. big predebate special tonight. jim and chris addkiki a annd two. michael shure and cenk will join us. karl frisch, david bender. >> how will you pack all of that goodness into such little time? >> stephanie: we'll find a way. >> we're used to booking a three hour show and so we booked all of these people into a one hour show. we'll see how it goes. >> going to be like rapid fire commentary. >> so anyway, we'll have to leave it there.
7:57am
>> no wonder wolf says that! >> stephanie: we'll have jim play wolf the whole time. it will be the same clustter is every morning. >> if we know what to expect. >> stephanie: here she is, jacki schechner. >> good morning. so congressman todd akin thinks that doctors perform abortions on women who aren't pregnant. you heard me right. the same man who believes that women cannot get pregnant from legitimate rape says on the house floor back in 2008, according to a speech that we grabbed off-line, that doctors give abortions to women who biologically don't need them. take a listen. >> not following good sanitary procedure, giving abortions who are not actually pregnant, cheating on taxes, all of these kinds of things and misuse of anesthetics so that people die or almost die. all of these things are common practice. >> "buzzfeed" picked up the video from slate which got a tip to it from the american bridge
7:58am
21st century super pac. sadly in spite of the mounting evidence that congressman akin has a profound disrespect for women and a total ignorance of the female anatomy he is running for senate in missouri and the polls show they're still pretty close. he and senator mccaskill are within one point according to the latest poll on real clear politics mccaskill up by just one. cnn out with more specifics as to what we can expect in tonight's debate. the commission on presidential debates does have strict rules. moderator jim lehrer will open each 15-minute segment with a question and each candidate will have two minutes to answer. lehrer will use the remaining time for follow-up questions and discussion. the candidates are not allowed to ask each on or about questions. -- to ask each other questions. he and mitt romney will alternate. we have not yet gotten the rules on our stephanie miller predetate show. i assume there will be more conversation between us than that. we're back after the break. stay with us.
7:59am
commentary. >> you're going to hear that used as a major talking point. (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
8:00am
8:01am
8:02am
[ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: yes, it is the "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number toll free from anywhere. hump days with sexy liberal hal sparks. how about that seattle crowd hal sparks? seattle's sexy liberal saturday night. >> spectacular. [ applause ] >> i get so horny when i'm in seattle. >> stephanie: me too.
8:03am
dan savage and ron reagan just kickin' it on panel with us. amazing show, amazing audience. sold out. 2700 seats unbelievable. coming up next the big one. >> you know, in my opinion there's nothing sexier than being a liberal. >> i'm proud to say i'm a liberal. >> four names come to mind. aisha tyler john fuglesang, hal sparks and stephanie miller, the stars of the most successful comedy tour in history. the sexy liberal comedy tour. new york, this is comedy news you need to know. the wildly popular progressives are coming to you live. snot hot child in the city ♪ >> on saturday, october 27th, the sexy liberal tour will perform live on stage at the world famous beacon theatre. tickets are online at ticketmaster.com. new york, don't miss your chance to witness political comedy history. it is progressive. it's sexy. kind of like fdr in a thong. okay. it is nothing like that. that would be very ugly.
8:04am
>> and i welcome them. >> that's the stephanie miller sexy liberal comedy tour october 27th live at the beacon theatre at ticketmaster.com. >> stephanie: thank you tom hartman. a huge celebrity guest on panel. >> huge. [farting sounds] >> huge. >> stephanie: exactly. all right. so we haven't even -- dove in to right-wing world. >> not at all. >> stephanie: let's do that. >> we will have doven now. >> stephanie: now we have doved. >> is it like dovening? >> bend over. nice to meet you. >> stephanie: poor sean. don't you remember right before the last election, sean said he had some bombshell tape? that one never materialized. >> no, it didn't. >> it will be incredible. it is going to change everything. >> stephanie: right. so they found -- how old is this tape? >> from 2007. >> stephanie: it has been out there for a long time. >> it is president obama
8:05am
speaking at historically african-american university in my hometown of virginia. >> stephanie: talking about how -- the victims of hurricane katrina were discriminated against. >> yes. >> stephanie: which is true. and therefore shocking. >> by the way, president bush said later -- you know, a couple of years later should have done better, i think. i don't think we -- i think that wasn't so much of a heck of a job. >> stephanie: jeremiah wright is like his binky. >> on the eve of the first presidential debate, a bombshell is about to be dropped on the 2012 race for the white house because tonight you'll hear from barack obama like you have never heard from him before. a video has been uncovered from a campaign event in 2007. candidate obama speaking before an audience of african-american ministers including the reverend jeremiah wright. >> what! >> shocking! >> his christian ministry -- the christian church he used to go to the christian church area of
8:06am
chicago. the christian church? >> stephanie: birthday party no one shows up. he has one little deflated balloon. [ wah wah ] [ crickets chirping ] >> suburban people like sean hannity get a little weirded out when people don't sit there so quietly in church like everybody in his church does. >> that's not how you do it. aren't we supposed to sit here and protect. >> stephanie: you're acting so black. bill o'reilly on romney. >> romney's got this -- got to put aside his politician persona. i mean he looks perfect right? he looks like a president should look. but that's working against him because people don't know who he is. he's got to find a way to say look, this is who i am and this is why i'm better in simple terms. he's gotta smack the president like laura laura ingraham would smack him. >> smack the president? >> yeah, do that. tell you what. mitt, just go home tonight and like right before -- just listen
8:07am
to kind of a truncated -- have him do that speed recording where they take all of the sounds out of laura ingraham's show for three months. >> stephanie: i would use that soothing tone of voice. i think that would work well. okay. don't worry. okay. rush limbaugh. >> i frankly think the american people want obama out of their face. i think the american people are sick and tired of seeing obama in their face all day every day every night. i think they're sick and tired of the media telling them things that aren't true that they know are true and vice versa. >> stephanie: you're basing that on which poll? [ crickets chirping ] >> stephanie: i think it is -- i can't imagine tolerating him every day. >> it was opposite day. >> i think rush limbaugh is doing the only thinking he does about his show is on air. so he sits there and kind of goes -- what do i think about this? i'm sick of seeing his face. i don't want to see obama
8:08am
because he's beating romney. losing this argument. i hate seeing his smug face -- >> the american people are upset that they can't get enough oxycontin. their pinises are shrinking. oh, that's me. >> stephanie: andrea on fox news. >> we knew that george bush's grandfather found geronimo's skull. we knew what kind of underwear bill clinton wore. we know nothing about president obama and it is a national security issue. so it is a little -- >> huh? >> stephanie: they're trying this again that he hasn't been vetted? >> they know nothing about president obama? really? >> he might have been born in kenya or mars, we don't know. >> stephanie: what do we base that on? we know his entire background. his entire -- >> by the way, the new -- the new conspiracy is that the kenyan goat herder is not his real dad and that he was actually the son of a black
8:09am
revolutionary radical. >> stephanie: i know but that one makes orly taitzs lose it. >> he would be a natural born citizen. that irritates them. >> stephanie: even the bitters are fighting now. -- >> the illegitimate son of malcolm x which makes him born in the u.s. [ wah wah ] >> how old was malcolm x? >> stephanie: mars. >> it is not unreasonable to ask everyone in america who seeks to vote to prove that they are really entitled to vote. >> every part of voting except -- it is hard to vote. effort is required. there's nothing wrong with that. >> stephanie: it shouldn't be easy? wow. >> we should make it as difficult as possible for people who are thinking of voting for the black kenyan. >> driving a car is a privilege. you need a license to do it.
8:10am
voting is a right. >> guaranteed by the constitution. >> we have a responsibility to guarantee that right for everybody. so actually it should be easy for american citizens of any strike to vote. if you're a real american citizen, you should be able to vote immediately. here you go. attach it to social security cards. that's it. that's your voter registration number. it is an easy way to track it. but you know why they won't do that? it creates a federal i.d. that's the mark of the beast. they're going to track you with a chip and your driver's license -- >> stephanie: greta van susteren and rumsfeld to finish things out. >> for many calls for ambassador of the u.n., susan rice to resign after going on all of the talk shows and pushing this youtube video as the reason -- >> i watched the presentation and i thought it was -- amazing. that someone in her position would go on with that degree of
8:11am
certainty. that fast. and that authoritatively. and be that wrong. her presentation was demonstrated to be inaccurate within a matter of hours. >> stephanie: can you imagine? >> it has got to be embarrassing. >> stephanie: cheese and crackers jim. can you imagine someone going forward with inaccurate information. we know where the weapons are. >> make sure he knows what they may not know. >> stephanie: we know where the weapons are. they're east and west. we know where the wmd are. >> i have a map right here. hold on. i drew it on a napkin. >> stephanie: can you imagine some idiot shooting off his mouth? >> imagine going to war without sufficient body armor? >> did he not understand the irony of what exactly he was saying to greta van susteren? >> stephanie: the point is -- >> nonironnic ironies and ironies that aren't ironic and then there are iron
8:12am
eadditionfies is. -- deficiencies. >> stephanie: there was a lot of unrest sparked by the video. we knew obviously that 9-11 is going to be a date that would be right for some kind of retaliation. they didn't have the information on what caused what. >> also, as a national security reason, you don't necessarily want to show your hand entirely. you don't want to go we know this was a terrorist attack because they'll scatter. if your open remark is we think it is about the video. they're over there going -- they're buying the story. they're not coming for us. you have the romney campaign and other people coming out saying we knew this was a terrorist thing. we know exactly where they are. you're not helping. >> stephanie: exactly. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] a feature you're not helping for current jacki she schechner. >> quite a segue. >> stephanie: i'm queen segue. since we just did right-wing world. i know you played the audio at the top of the thing but he literally said some doctors perform abortions on women --
8:13am
women that aren't pregnant. >> on the house floor in 2008, he gave a big ole speech. he said that doctors who perform abortions or abortionists he called them, the lowest on the food chain and they perform these abortions in kits with unsanitary conditions and that they perform them on women who don't need them. because i can't think of anything i would rather do with a free day than get an abortion i don't need. >> stephanie: right. >> which would be yeah, then you get a coupon. how does that work? when you terminate a pregnancy that you're not pregnant. >> stephanie: he's not only too dumb to be a senator but he's too dumb to not injure himself eating pudding with a rubber spoon. >> isn't that a biological impossible? >> it is biologically impossible as is the fact that the body doesn't shut down pregnancy from rape. this is what we're talking about. the man said that claire mccaskill was not as lady-like in her current debate. he had such a profound
8:14am
disrespect for women and ignorance of the female anatomy. >> stephanie: you only say because you're a little wildcat aren't you? >> i'm female. >> i wonder what the lovely and talented mrs. akin thinks about all of this? >> she married him. she's been with him for a long time. >> stephanie: presumably not a wildcat. presumably very lady-like. >> kept her in a jar in formaldehyde. >> stephanie: how many times have we had that conversation. you want to get a pedicure? no, i'm going to get an abortion. >> i'm going to do my laundry. >> get my uterus scraped. >> sounds like fun. >> like getting your tires rotated. >> stephanie: sure. why not. >> anything like scraping feet? >> eww! >> stephanie: then i'm going to make chicken pepperoni. jacki, thank you for that breathtaking -- >> is this what i can expect this afternoon? >> stephanie: we'll see you at 4:00 p.m. pacific for our
8:15am
pre-election coverage. >> i love you! bye-bye, now. >> how long does it take to scrape feet? >> stephanie: don't snap at me. >> i gotta have my feet scraped. >> 19 minutes after -- >> how do feet know when they need to be scraped? they shut down when the scraping needs to be done. >> stephanie: all right. 19 minutes after the hour. everybody, you know what i have on my computer. carbonite. >> i know. >> stephanie: why don't you? why doesn't everybody? the only thing better than easy, automatic when it comes to irreplaceable computer files. i have carbonite. it is easy and automatic. whenever you're connected to the internet, everything is being backed up. little green dot that tells you that's happening. you don't have to worry. you get peace of mind. with carbonite you never have to remember to back up everything in there again. for just $59 for the entire year. get unlimited back-up space for your pc or your mack plus you can access the backed up files from any computer, tablet, smart phone. if you know you will be on the way to current today and i will
8:16am
yell at you about something that i need yesterday -- >> it is inevitable. right. >> stephanie: that thing. >> open up my app. >> stephanie: there you go. i rely on carbonite to keep everything in my work computer safe so does chris and t-bone. go to carbonite.com and type in stephanie. you get two free boins months with your subscription. the offer code is stephanie. we continue hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> i love it. it's a fabulous program. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show." health matters to all of us. that's why lysol has started a mission for health.
8:17am
health matters to all of us. that's why lysol has started a mission for health. with new mom programs, lysol healthy habits initiatives in schools and disaster relief efforts. when you use lysol at home, you'll know you're a part of something bigger. for healthy tips and more, visit lysol.com/missionforhealth.
8:18am
8:19am
>>we tackle the big issues here in our nation's capital. [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> this is a vintage arizona state university shirt. it's the only college mascot.
8:20am
>> stephanie: the won a stanley >> oh, my god. becky, look at her but tv -- butt. it is so big. she's like a total prostitute. ♪ i like big butts and i cannot lie ♪ >> baby got back. >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 25 minutes after the hour. hump days with hal sparks. 1-800-steph-12. the phone number toll free from anywhere. let's go to buddy in columbus on the big debate tonight. hi buddy. >> hey mama. two things, i just noticed something. it really isn't fair. i think your friend hannity is right in complaining because obama's got stephanie cutter and romney's got eric fehrnstrom. it really isn't fair. the ok'd thing is mitt romney there, please? >> that depends. which one do you want?
8:21am
>> caller: i was just curious how it is going to feel to go down in history as the first presidential candidate to lose four states in massachusetts hirsch and virginia. -- michigan and virginia. >> look at the time. >> stephanie: okay. must take interviews. >> >> stephanie: david in colorado. >> just the right height. >> hi, how are you? >> stephanie: hi david welcome. >> caller: i want to make a comment on -- when obama said the private sector is doing fine well, the jobs may not have been doing fine but profits of corporations are higher than ever. >> stephanie: yep. >> caller: corporate welfare. >> stephanie: the stock market has doubled under obama. >> he got a $4 billion refund. no complaints about that. when i was younger and i grew up -- >> they're job creators. >> healthcare and we had a
8:22am
401(k) to put money in. not likely to get all much back. they were like oh, well, we're losing profits. so we're going to make the most money we can. they ship 70,000 jobs of manufacturers over the past ten years overseas. >> stephanie: yep. >> caller: there's not any real reason for this except for a couple of people did it at first. a couple of corporations then everyone jump on the bandwagon. >> stephanie: how is that not relevant? romney when i was -- when he was head of bain. his money is overseas. >> making the point that there was no tax benefit to housing his money overseas. then you must be doing it just to be a jerk then. why wouldn't you have it in an american bank where they could use it as part of their bottom line to base the ability to say lend to small businesses? >> why doesn't he trust the american economic system to keep his money in it? >> because he knows people like
8:23am
him are operating at the high levels of it. i wouldn't trust it either. >> some of them like to go skiing. >> stephanie: awesome if he were panicked into admitting that. just to be a jerk. >> what other reason is there? his big thing is oh, i'm not supposed to invest in foreign things. you can invest in foreign things but you can do it through the u.s. stock market and do it through u.s. banks. all of them have opportunities and abilities to do that. you're shuffling money to avoid -- paul ryan, for example when they're talking about these loopholes they won't close. one of the big ones is carried interest. that they're not going to allow -- they're not going to stop the carried interest. hedge fund manager, you could pretend that the money you make managing other people's money is actually investment income as opposed to income you get as a service professional. working for someone else which is exactly what it is. that it will be taxed at 35%. you're allowed to act as if it is your money being invested
8:24am
which it is not. it is a lie! and he think -- he says that will limit capital and the growth of jobs. it is crap! these guys shave that extra money they make off and they send it to the cayman islands. they park it someplace else. it is crap. and that's why he won't say it. that's why he has to speak around it. >> stephanie: i think the president -- i'm really -- i'm unnaturally excited about tonight's debate. >> you will be drunk. >> stephanie: i'm not. political geek nirvana. 29 minutes after the hour. right back. hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> stephanie: she was eight. >> eight. >> stephanie: prime minister david cameron accidently left his daughter in a bar. >> there is a difference. >> stephanie: that's a mix up. >> she was finishing his red barrel. >> stephanie: there was a mix up after a family lunch at a publish. >> of course. (vo) what is said here could
8:25am
decide the election. current tv presents coverage of the presidential debate. with unrivaled analysis and commentary. >> you're going to hear that used as a major talking point. (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
8:26am
8:27am
8:28am
8:29am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> we were actually looking for a cheap miller but you're a sexy little trash, the second you started shaking the guys would drop dead. >> stephanie: all those years. >> look at all that that you're doing. >> stephanie: by the way, i'm not as good of a liar as mitt >> stephanie: is it "the stephanie miller show." 34 minutes after the hour. hutch days with sexy liberal hal sparks. he will be appearing with john fuglesang on joy behar's show today. >> i will be live with him predebate. live tweeting during the bebait this afternoon -- the debate for current this afternoon. while you guys are watching the shuffle. i'm taping sam reuben's show hollywood uncensored then john and i are in madison wisconsin. this saturday night. next week i'm in west palm beach. go to halsparks.com.
8:30am
>> stephanie: for all things. >> go to the live -- click on live there. it shows all of the live gigs. it is a cool looking calendar. i think stephanie miller could benefit from a really nice calendar like i have. >> stephanie: are you making fun of my paper calendar? >> i mean on your web site which is a paper calendar. when you go to stephaniemiller.com. if you look there a piece of notebook paper appears with scribbling. >> stephanie: ann romney talking about she's afraid mitt might lose his [ bleep ] when he gets into the oval office. >> this is hard. >> ann: stop it. >> stephanie: media yiet with a story. contradicts the motor voting arrest. one of the many weird things about mitt romney is that while he enjoys dressing up like a police officer he doesn't seem to like them very much as evidenced by two anecdotes in which he loses his [ bleep ]
8:31am
they just uncovered the police report which contradicts romney's version of events. the officer told him not to launch his boat. this is the story. because his license was painted over. the officer told romney if he put his boat in the water, he would face a fine. romney felt his license was visible and decided to ignore the officer and pay the fine. $50, i wipe my ass with that. >> he launched the boat even though it was the wrong thing to do. >> stephanie: the cop came and handcuffed him and took him -- >> so romney as president conceivably will do anything he wants even though it is the wrong thing to do. >> as long as he thinks it is the right thing to do. that's more important than the law. >> we've gotten into trouble with that before, haven't we? >> yeah. >> never mind the dress up like a police officer which is actually a federal crime. and pulling people over.
8:32am
>> stephanie: different rules. sherry in louisiana. >> caller: good morning. >> stephanie: hello. >> caller: good morning. >> stephanie: go ahead. >> caller: two comments. we have five days in louisiana to register to vote. so everybody get out and vote. >> stephanie: do it. >> caller: we've got a big uptick on independent voters. you know. that's good to hear down here in the reddest state. one more thing. wasn't it several years back they talked about this national i.d. and they said no, no, we can't do that because that's against our privacy. so why now is it okay for us to have to have this i.d.? >> because they want to do it on a state level because they can deny it point to point using governorships because once -- the problem is state constitutions can act -- that's why when they talk about state's rights they talk about women's rights and race rights.
8:33am
states can make attempts in subtle ways to cut away at the rights of women and minorities regularly without massive intervention by the federal government. it takes a lot -- >> stephanie: this is why we've been winning in the courts in and most recently in pennsylvania. did you see this in -- republican candidate posts his gun on facebook with a -- it says welcome to tennessee mr. obama. republican nominee for congress defending his message on fis -- facebook. >> i was inferring to a threat to be implied later. my foot. brad i just fing shot myself. >> stephanie: good lord, no when asked if he had threatened
8:34am
the president. absolutely not. i'm not one of those who would ever threaten the president. he's probably got enough of his own stuff. >> when the secret service shows up at your door, it won't be pictures of guns. >> stephanie: he later wrote on facebook his remarks had been -- >> taken out of context. >> it was a picture. >> what context did he mean that in? >> those 1,000 words were represented in the picture. which one was taken out of context? >> stephanie: proud of his gun. wanted to show it to the president. >> i've got news for gun owners. big second amendment fans. this has been one of the most pro gun presidents you've ever had. he's not doing any extra gun restrictions even in the face of -- >> stephanie: you know who did more? romney. >> even bush one and ronald reagan. >> stephanie: hello rosie. rosie in texas. >> are you there?
8:35am
>> stephanie: let's try allison in washington state. hi allison. >> caller: hi, how are you? >> stephanie: good. >> caller: i think the whole nation should do it how washington state does it. when we vote, we all get mail-in ballots. you can go to a poll. there are a few available. you don't have to go to the poll and make your decision there. you just get at home. you can sit down and review the candidates and their initiatives and vote at your own leashure. we don't have any problems. i.d. is our signature. >> you still have to have a polling place because the homeless, they can vote as well. >> we do. we have a few polling places. a lot -- you know, it is -- a lot fewer. it saves money too. >> sure. >> you don't have to staff all of the polling places. >> quite frankly we're getting way closer to that because if you look at quote-unquote early voting, the way a lot of people
8:36am
are doing that is through absentee voting. i have bal ballot mailed to my home. >> stephanie: i sometimes wait until i get in there. do we have to know this? how many propositions are there? then you have to read the whole thing there. >> they won't let you take a copy of the l.a. weekly in there with you. >> i brought all kinds of -- >> stephanie: can i bring study materials in? >> yeah. >> stephanie: it is ridiculous system we have out here. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] would you like unicorns that fart glitter. >> would you like to raise taxes? >> no. that's why we're broke. yes, i want this. no, i don't want that. that sounds bad. you can't leave it up to us to govern. >> we have representatives for a reason to do that stuff for us. to make the decisions for us. >> stephanie: all right. i think they make them deliberately confusing.
8:37am
vote no on yes and vote maybe on yes. the commercials make it confusing. >> that's what they're supposed to be doing. that's the problem with -- once this system was set up, it became immediately rigged the next day. the manipulation obviously prop 8 supported -- >> stephanie: large people thought they were voting for marriage equality. >> it was supported by money from outside the state. mormon money from utah. and evangelical dollars. >> stephanie: hey wendell. >> caller: how are you doing? >> stephanie: good. >> caller: i just voted for our regular, you know, for our state and there was more democrats this time that voted than republicans. that just tells you that the state of new hampshire is no longer under koch brothers. because i understand that the koch brothers tried to get -- tried to -- you know, get us to vote, you know, republican. >> absolutely.
8:38am
they figured it was an easy win because it is a small state and the dollars would go further. when you're broadcasting and use offing broadcast television, you get more bang for your buck in the smaller states because you do it in montana you have to do all of the stations. >> stephanie: they're saying there are too many democrats. there's more democrats than republicans. that's why -- >> there are a lot of independents who are actual republicans who just refuse to say it because they're so embarrassed by a, mitt romney and b the bush years that if you say you're a republican, really, you voted for bush twice? >> stephanie: romney has lower approval rating than george bush now? [ wah wah ] >> three and a half years to get cute. >> stephanie: guy in north carolina. hi guy. >> caller: first, i got a zinger for you. >> stephanie: okay great. thanks for warning us. >> caller: the reason mitt was so brown was road flare mary told him to go smoke her dildo.
8:39am
now i have a question. i flipped over during your last commercial break and -- over to the nice network. and people were -- they were talking about the security briefing that obama had missed over 60% of his since january. and bush had gone to all of his. >> they're still on that? oh god. >> caller: how do they know -- if it is security, they should be secure. >> stephanie: just a point of order here, we did have the worst national security failure in our history on george bush's watch. maybe he wasn't paying attention. >> a little kerfuffled. >> the president gets a briefing every single day. when he gets up in the morning that's one of the first things they do. the big sit-down where they gather it all together and do one big picture that strategy meeting can be done in washington at the pentagon or which is what they're talking about or it can be done on air force i during the -- but it --
8:40am
>> stephanie: apparently there is technology on air force one. >> log in at the pentagon versus anywhere else. >> stephanie: i love that they make it sound like when he's on air force i he's on southwest. doesn't have access. >> they don't have wi-fi on southwest. >> reno. milwaukee. >> stephanie: brent in illinois welcome. >> caller: good morning, stephanie. i wanted to make the point that whenever somebody calls obama the welfare president, you have to realize that food stamps are really a subsidy for big agribusiness. it is not really -- it does provide an entitlement of sorts but it really makes archer daniels midland and those companies very happy. it enables them -- it is basically corporate welfare. >> right. because it guarantees food stocks in a lot of what you can get with those which is why they try to limit them by the way is stuff that's bought here.
8:41am
corn products and the like. the list of what you're able to buy with food stamps has been narrowed to make it stuff that we can get you know, very easily. >> stephanie: brent, are you calling -- >> he's calling from space. >> stephanie: are you calling from a wind tunnel? >> caller: oh, probably. >> stephanie: 46 minutes after the hour. right back with the remaining moments of hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> the place where dreams come true. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show." (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
8:42am
8:43am
8:44am
i can't stand these spots. those spots are actually leftover food and detergent residue that can redeposit on your dishware during the rinse cycle. jet-dry rinse agent helps wash them away so the only thing left behind is the shine. jet-dry rinses away residues for a sparkling shine.
8:45am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything. [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: stephanie miller . [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ oh, yeah ♪ ♪ oh, yeah ♪ ♪ oh, yeah ♪
8:46am
>> stephanie: i'm going to start every '80s film with calling on line five. >> two movies that this was in. ferris bueller's day off and the secret of my success. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> stephanie: more good news for america. u.s. private sector employment increased in september according to -- >> oh, man! >> the president hasn't created any jobs. there's no jobs. >> even worse news. >> stephanie: the president is one of those people that is getting it done, chris. getting it done on jobs. granger brought to you by granger with over 900,000 products by the one who gets it done. >> thank you granger. >> automakers have their best september in four years. >> damn it.
8:47am
>> what was happening four years ago? are we better off than we were four years ago? >> stephanie: you mean if we had let detroit go bankrupt? thank god no one wrote anything stupid like that down. >> auto sales up 14% from last year alone. >> i could have done that. i was going to do that. >> stephanie: jana in massachusetts. you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> hi, how are you? >> caller: i've been trying to call in for over a month. i don't know how that other woman got through this morning in ten minutes. but anyway, most of the residents in massachusetts still refer to massachusetts as tax-achusetts thanks to you know who. >> stephanie: didn't duvall patrick do a great job talking about romney's record? >> he was absolutely great. we could tell he was a little perturbed because he's still cleaning up his mess. so you know, that's the way that goes.
8:48am
>> stephanie: it says something when you're losing -- a state that knows you best by 30 points. >> caller: there are a few. there are some yard signs around that say romney. i don't know why. but there are a few out there. >> stephanie: those are just the houses romney owns. >> caller: maybe that's it. the ones he has mortgages on. they pay the mortgage to him. >> the ones with car elevators. >> stephanie: eric in tampa. hi eric. >> caller: hey, stephanie. thank you for taking my call. >> stephanie: yes, go ahead. >> caller: it is hard to be surprised with anything that conservatives are saying now but paul ryan really said it all when he answered that question about whether or not the 47% should pay taxes. he affirmed that he believes exactly what romney is saying. that's not the point. suggesting that soldiers infantrymen who were under fire right now who don't make enough money to pay federal income tax that they should commute home on the weekends?
8:49am
>> stephanie: exactly. >> caller: should women be forced to -- >> keep in mind when he says we should have let the foreclosure system buy them out -- >> stephanie: yeah. >> keep in mind there were a lot of soldiers fighting currently in afghanistan and iraq at the time who were losing their homes because they weren't making enough money because they were away. people in the nationalguard over there and people -- he was saying just dump it, let it go. thousands of soldiers fighting for our freedom lost their house. >> stephanie: you hobos hurry up and get out of your houses. >> you 30% welfare staters. >> stephanie: chris in oklahoma. welcome. >> caller: i'm just wondering why are you guys so pro obama? why do you paint him to be such a savior of the nation. >> stephanie: where would you like us to start? let's see. osama bin laden dead. g.m. alive. he has added 4.6 million jobs.
8:50am
>> have you looked at the stock market lately? 40 months of continued job growth? if you actually look at the job growth graph, if you had taken out the failures of the bush years, if you had taken out the wreck that they caused, the job growth would be extraordinary and on a level beyond almost any modern president. >> stephanie: why do you think he's doing such a bad job? >> caller: i wouldn't say he's done such a bad job. i just know that i saw on the news a day or two ago that he was voted the worst president ever. >> by whom? >> stephanie: excuse me? >> by whom? >> stephanie: you're thinking of george w. bush. >> wait one second. >> stephanie: chris, i'm sorry. you saw that where? >> caller: i believe it was on cnn. >> who took the survey? >> caller: i do not remember. >> probably find that out. >> by the way so you -- you don't think he's done a bad job but you think this vote is more important than your opinion? >> caller: i don't think he's done a great job.
8:51am
>> stephanie: how come mitt romney is so far behind in the polls? >> caller: i'm not a romney supporter. do not get me wrong. >> stephanie: i'm saying if he is the worst president ever, you would think he would be doing worse. >> what would you classify yourself as? >> anarchist. >> well then why are you even calling into a political show? >> because you don't care about politics. >> if you don't care -- >> caller: it is not that i don't care. >> you're just not involved. >> either way this election goes, it's not going to go well. >> why would you call in and care? >> stephanie: you're sort of pro general chaos is what you're saying. >> caller: no. i'm pro freedom and i live in a country where freedom is an illusion. >> stephanie: okay. >> freedom from traffic laws. >> you want yellow stripes in the road. >> stephanie: doesn't like rules of any kind. >> that damn fire department. >> stephanie: kind of amazing
8:52am
he called in. he went through the screener, waited in line. he followed all of the rules. >> the fire department is a boot on his neck. >> and especially -- all of those rules -- >> stephanie: he wants to live in a country free of traffic lights. just go! everybody go! >> safety regulations put in so that his prepainted anarchy shirt he bought at hot topic will burst into flames. >> i have the right to sit in my burning house until it turns into a lump of coal. >> i'm pro somalia. >> caller: happy birthday late. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: okay. my questions are -- i've got many. i've had people telling me that obama's a socialist. >> stephanie: yes. >> caller: and that he's responsible for the -- the chip that is going to destroy us all. >> sure. >> caller: and that he's going to do martial law even during free time. >> stephanie: where did you
8:53am
hear all of this, bonnie? >> i'm hearing it -- i'm seeing it on youtube. >> stephanie: ah yes. >> because youtube never lies. >> i tell you one thing too, as far as i'm concerned, barack obama is my hero because of the fact that he saved general motors for my husband and retired after 38 years. >> stephanie: there you go. that's all you need to know. if he didn't save them, all of the retirees would have lost everything. >> stephanie: that's right. so back slowly away from the youtube. >> not an accident why romney didn't want that to happen. that's why they wanted it to go bankrupt so they could wipe all of the ledger out. >> stephanie: back away from the interweb. all right. that's it for us. i would like to thank chris lavoie, hal sparks, jim ward, jacki. >> 4:00 p.m. on current today. see you tomorrow on "the stephanie miller show."
8:54am
8:55am
8:56am
8:57am
8:58am
8:59am